If you are selling products, you should be selling them online through your own e-commerce store. This can help you to reach new customers, build your direct relationship with customers and help grow your business.
We have outlined seven important marketing tips for your online e-commerce store:
1. Set up several social media channels and actively build your community:
If you don’t already have social media properties set up for your company, you will want to do that immediately. This gets your company name out in the digital world, and to build your direct relationship with your customers. You will want to promote your website on your social media accounts. Make sure to regularly update your social media accounts with posts related to your business, your customers’ needs and your products. This is a great way to interact with customers and form relationships with them to stand out from your competitors. We have a helpful blog post about which social media platforms are best for your particular business that you can read here!
2. Offer a special offer or incentive to your shoppers to spur shopping: Offer a discount code, free shipping, or a some kind of incentive to first time buyers on the site, to get customers buying from your site. If they are satisfied with what they receive, they may come back and buy more. This is a way to gain repeat customers. Make sure you promote this incentive on your social media accounts as well.
3. Set up search engine optimization (SEO) on your site so your target audience can find you in search engines as easily as possible: Customizing your site with keywords relevant to your products/services will help you reach a larger audience by leading them to your site from search engines. The website platform should have an option to add SEO onto each page of your website. SEO can become very complex, but to learn more.
4. Launch consistent, coordinated email campaigns and communications: Create and send email newsletters to customers. Make sure you add a form on your website for customers to sign up with their email address. You could include exclusive discounts only available to subscribers as an incentive to sign up. A great platform for creating this content is Constant Contact. This newsletter can be home to updates, upcoming product launches, and customer reviews. This is a good way to keep customers attention and to keep your company name fresh in their minds every time they see your email in their inbox. How often you send out this email will depend on how much new content you have. You don’t want to send out emails with the same content repeatedly, so wait until you have enough to create and send out a fresh email.
5. Create and run eye-catching advertising campaigns to promote store and products:
There are different platforms to run advertisements on, pick the one that best fits your company, what you are selling, and who is buying your products. Social media and search engines are the two popular options for running ads and they can help give insights to who is viewing your content and who is interested in it. You will be able to set up a certain budget to spend each month and customize what information you want on the advertisements.
6. Set up website analytics to track visitor traffic: Website traffic analytics can help you to gain insight on your website visitors and their behavior. You can begin learning about your website visitors and how they interact with your website, where they are from, and other helpful information. This can help you to improve your website to better fit their needs and figure out any trouble areas on your site. We recommend using Google Analytics, and they even have a certification to take so you can master the program.
7. Regularly create, distribute relevant blog articles to share useful information and news to your customers: Regularly publishing articles and news to your blog is a great avenue of distribution and also drawing visitors back to your website. Be sure to encourage people to share blog articles to their social media channels of choice which can help you reach new potential customers. Make sure you link to other parts of your website, especially your shop as much as you can in the blog posts to get readers more involved in your website. Also, make sure you are sharing your blog posts on your social media platforms, and including them in your e-newsletter.
Having an online store can help you reach people anywhere in the world, something that otherwise would be difficult. Setting up your e-commerce store is one step but taking the extra steps to making sure you are marketing your online store will help to reach those people and keep them coming back.